'Diversity in Entrepreneurship' broadly describes my interests within the start-up and the small business sector. I have published papers on entrepreneurial resilience post-disaster; ethnic minority immigrant entrepreneurship; refugee entrepreneurship; and indigenous entrepreneurship -Maori & Pacific Peoples. I have also published on entrepreneurial learning within accelerator programs and large course teaching; and been acknowledged nationally for my work in the business research and teaching nexus.
- Zahrai K., Veer E., Ballantine PW. and Peter de Vries H. (2022) Conceptualizing Self-control on Problematic Social Media Use. Australasian Marketing Journal 30(1): 74-89. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1839334921998866.
- Zahrai K., Veer E., Ballantine PW., de Vries HP. and Prayag G. (2022) Either you control social media or social media controls you: Understanding the impact of self-control on excessive social media use from the dual-system perspective. Journal of Consumer Affairs 56(2): 806-848. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/joca.12449.
- de Vries H. (2021) The Global Entrepreneur. Christchurch, New Zealand: Creative Commons. 1-148. http://dx.doi.org/10.26021/10802.
- de Vries H., Ranabahu N. and Basharati Z. (2021) Refugee Entrepreneurship in New Zealand. Christchurch: Inner Wheel Club of Otautahi: Guest Speaker Series, 26 Jul 2021.
- de Vries H., Ranabahu N. and Basharati Z. (2021) From Taking Flight to Putting Down Roots: A Narrative Perspective of the Entrepreneurial Journey of a Refugee. In Cooney T (Ed.), Palgrave Handbook on Minority Entrepreneurship: 365-389. England: Palgrave. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-66603-3_17.