MBA DirectorElsamari Botha
Dr Elsamari Botha is the MBA Director at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand, and teaches Digital Transformation and Technology Preparedness in the UC MBA programme. She is also an extraordinary associate professor at the University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa. She attained her PhD in Industrial Economics and Management at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. With 15 years of consulting experience, as well as starting an EdTech platform, Elsamari’s research focuses on the adoption and monetization of new technologies in organisations, online consumer behaviour, and digital strategy development. Elsamari has published in leading international journals such as Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, Business Horizons, the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, and Public Relations Review.
- Robertson J., Botha E., Ferreira C. and Pitt L. (2022) How deep is your love? The brand love-loyalty matrix in consumer-brand relationships. Journal of Business Research 149: 651-662. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2022.05.058.
- Robertson J., Botha E., Walker B., Wordsworth R. and Balzarova M. (2022) Fortune favours the digitally mature: The impact of digital maturity on the organisational resilience of SME retailers during COVID-19. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management 50(8/9): 1182-1204. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJRDM-10-2021-0514.
- Oosthuizen K., Botha E., Robertson J. and Montecchi M. (2021) Artificial intelligence in retail: The AI-enabled value chain. Australasian Marketing Journal 29(3): 264-273. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ausmj.2020.07.007.
- Botha E., Creaven G. and Mandy J. (2020) Conveniently healthy: The impact of health endorsements on brand trust, brand loyalty and brand equity in Fast Moving Consumer Goods convenience versus shopping goods. South African Journal of Business Management 51(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/sajbm.v51i1.1535.
- Jibril AB., Kwarteng MA., Pilik M., Botha E. and Osakwe CN. (2020) Towards understanding the initial adoption of online retail stores in a low internet penetration context: An exploratory work in Ghana. Sustainability (Switzerland) 12(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su12030854.