In mid-2019, I (happily) relocated back to New Zealand, after 17 years in the United States (my home country). Most recently I spent 14 years at the University of Tennessee, having served a previous 3 years at Michigan State University. Both universities have strong reputations in supply chain management, so I bring my experiences from those institutions with me to my current role at UC. My earliest academic role was at Lincoln University, NZ, from 1994-2002.
Prior to pursuing an academic career, I worked for ten years as a logistics and product manager for several international organizations, primarily in the cosmetics industry. My responsibilities included managing U.S. inventories and coordinating production/shipping from European factories, as well as managing transportation and delivery activities, both internationally and domestically.
I have taught at the undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. levels, focusing primarily on distribution, logistics and supply chain strategy. My research interests relate to logistics/supply chain integration and supply chain sustainability. Specific research topics include returns management and closed-loop supply chains in the circular economy, supply chain integrity and transparency, supply chain sustainability within food supply chains. My research has been published in leading logistics and supply chain management journals, such as The Journal of Business Logistics, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Decision Sciences Journal, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, and the MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Mollenkopf D., Ozanne L. and Stolze H. (2020) A Transformative Supply Chain Response to COVID-19. Journal of Service Management http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JOSM-05-2020-0143.
- Rose WJ., Mollenkopf DA., Autry CW. and Williams BD. (2020) Tailoring Transportation Planning Decisions to Diverse Urban Environments. Decision Sciences 51(4): 920-961. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/deci.12397.
- Pellathy DA., Mollenkopf DA., Stank TP. and Autry CW. (2019) Cross-Functional Integration: Concept Clarification and Scale Development. Journal of Business Logistics 40(2): 81-104. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jbl.12206.
- Castillo VE., Mollenkopf DA., Bell JE. and Bozdogan H. (2018) Supply Chain Integrity: A Key to Sustainable Supply Chain Management. Journal of Business Logistics 39(1): 38-56. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jbl.12176.
- Pellathy DA., In J., Mollenkopf DA. and Stank TP. (2018) Middle-range theorizing on logistics customer service. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management 48(17): 2-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJPDLM-10-2017-0329.