Private and public sector strategic management; international strategy implementation in UK, Russia, Africa and China; Strategy making and implementation in higher education; Organisational image and identity, including the development and application of new methodologies in metaphor, discursive analysis and pictorial representation; Joint ventures and foreign direct investment in China; Strategy Practice and Process in UK companies.
- Ambrosini V., Billsberry J., Garrido-Lopez M. and Stiles DR. (2018) Towards a Non-Essentialist Approach to Management Education: Philosophical Underpinnings from Phenomenography. Academy of Management Learning and Education http://dx.doi.org/10.5465/amle.2017.0401.
- Ambrosini V., Billsberry J., Garrido-Lopez M. and Stiles DR. (2017) Phenomenography in Management Education: Towards Manageable Student-centred Issues and Deep Learning. Melbourne, Australia: Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, 5-8 Dec 2017.
- Zhao X., Stiles D. and Mills C. (2017) Collaborative Strategy Practices & Sensemaking in a Sino-New Zealand International Joint Venture. Costa Rica: Paper presented at SMS Special Conference “Collaborative Strategies: New Thinking about Alliances, Mergers, and Acquisitions, 14-16 Dec 2017.
- Billsberry J. and Stiles D. (2016) Drawing definitions of perceived fit. Anaheim, CA, USA: 76th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM), 5-9 Aug 2016.
- Stiles DR. (2016) The visual turn? Towards the use of image in strategy-as-practice research. Berlin, Germany: 36th Annual Strategic Management Society (SMS) Conference, 17-20 Sep 2016.