Cultivating future entrepreneurs and innovators
Dr. Claire Q. Bi’s current research interest focuses on the interactions between digital technologies and organizational behaviors in the contexts of start-ups and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). The projects I am working on broadly address the following research questions:
1) How do digital technologies influence the formation of new organizations (e.g., digital entrepreneurship)?
2) How do traditional organizations (e.g., SMEs and family businesses) pursue innovation based on digital technologies?
3) How do different stakeholders (e.g., entrepreneurs, consumers, and partners) respond to organizations’ digital strategies (e.g., influencer marketing, AI marketing)?
I specialize in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, and use a wide range of software and statistical tools to manage and analyze data, such as R, Mplus, R and Python (entry level) and NVivo.
- Bi Q., Collins J. and Ranabahu N. (2021) Entrepreneurial Dispositions, Time Horizons, and Context: Subtleties That Shape Entrepreneurial Intentions. Small Enterprises Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13215906.2021.1929433.
- Bi Q., Wai Fong B. and Georgious C. (2021) Trust, fast and slow: A comparison study of the trust behaviors of entrepreneurs and non-entrepreneurs non-entrepreneurs: Findings from the Trust Game. Journal of Business Venturing.
- Bi Q. (2019) Cultivating loyal customers through online customer communities: A psychological contract perspective. Journal of Business Research 103: 34-44. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.06.005.
- Fu S., Wang Y., Yang Y., Bi Q., Guo F. and Qu H. (2018) VisForum: A Visual Analysis System forExploring User Groups in Online Forums. ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems 8(1) 3: 21. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3162075.
- Bi Q. and Vogel D. (2013) Influences of e-retailer sponsored virtual community on consumer loyalty: an exploration of underlying mechanisms. In Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems 2013 Proceedings.