Dr Ning (Chris) Chen's primary areas of interest include identity and attachment theory in different context including place, branding, and sports, and the motivations and impact of word-of-mouth behaviours especially in social media. His research keywords include: place attachment, brand attachment, fandom, word-of-mouth(mouse), and personal connection.
- Šegota T., Chen N. and Golja T. (2021) The Impact of Self-Congruity and Evaluation of the Place on WOM: Perspectives of Tourism Destination Residents. Journal of Travel Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/00472875211008237.
- Gössling S., McCabe S. and Chen N. (2020) A socio-psychological conceptualisation of overtourism. Annals of Tourism Research 84 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2020.102976.
- Chen N., Hall CM., Yu K. and Qian C. (2019) Environmental satisfaction, residential satisfaction, and place attachment: The cases of long-term residents in rural and urban areas in China. Sustainability (Switzerland) 11(22) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su11226439.
- Dwyer L., Chen N. and Lee J. (2019) The role of place attachment in tourism research. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing 36(5): 645-652. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10548408.2019.1612824.
- Jiang Y. and Chen N. (2019) Event attendance motives, host city evaluation, and behavioral intentions: An empirical study of Rio 2016. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 31(8): 3270-3286. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-06-2018-0501.