Dr Ning (Chris) Chen's primary areas of interest include identity and attachment theory in different context including place, branding, and sports, and the motivations and impact of word-of-mouth behaviours especially in social media. His research keywords include: place attachment, brand attachment, fandom, word-of-mouth(mouse), and personal connection.
- Chen N., Chen X., Hall CM., Li B., Wang X. and Wang L. (2023) The Beijing Winter Olympics is different! Or is it?: integration and revalidation of residents’ mega-event perceptions and support models. International Journal of Tourism Cities http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJTC-06-2022-0153.
- Huang Y., Hall CM. and Chen N. (2023) The sustainability characteristics of Michelin Green Star Restaurants. Journal of Foodservice Business Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15378020.2023.2235258.
- Huang Y., Hall CM. and Chen NC. (2023) The characteristics of Michelin-starred restaurants in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science 31 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgfs.2023.100673.
- Li T., Wu B., Guo L., Shi H., Chen NC. and Hall CM. (2023) Semi-Acquaintance Society in Rural Community-Based Tourism: Case Study of Moon Village, China. Sustainability 15(6): 5000-5000. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su15065000.
- Qian C., Yu K., Chen N., Shen W., Hou S. and Lei Y. (2023) When to adopt a new process management standard? An organizational learning perspective. International Journal of Production Economics 263 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2023.108939.