Research interests include new management accounting techniques; management accounting in charities, service organisations and small businesses; accounting history and accounting education.
- Blesia JU., Wild S., Dixon K. and Lord BR. (2021) Corporate community relations and development: engagement with indigenous peoples. Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal 12(4): 811-845. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/SAMPJ-10-2018-0278.
- Wu JY., Feehily R. and Lord BR. (2021) The Corporate Governance Role of Audit Committees: Through the Lenses of New Zealand Institutional Investors. Australian Accounting Review http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/auar.12338.
- Lord B. (2019) Charities' Service Performance Reporting. Wellington, NZ: 13th New Zealand Management Accounting conference, 21-22 Nov 2019.
- Amoako KO., Lord BR. and Dixon K. (2018) Stakeholders’ perceptions about the connection between sustainability and accounting practices: Insights from mining in Ghana. University of Edinburgh, UK: 12th Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Accounting Conference, 11-13 Jul 2018.
- Gunatilake G., Lord BR. and Dixon K. (2018) Politics of Accounting Evidence in Privatising Sri Lanka Telecom. Brussels, Belgium: 11th Conference on New Directions in Management Accounting, 12-14 Dec 2018.