Qualifications & Memberships
My research focuses on the use and impacts of IT on people. My work emphasizes two aspects of IT impacts and people. The first concerns privacy of people's information and the second concerns behavioral and social aspects of IT use. My work has applications in business (e.g. Intelligent Applications, Digital Humans), health IT/Systems, and emergency management. I have also collaborated on projects in knowledge management, IT use in SMEs, and deception detection.
I am particularly excited about research on the potentials, challenges, and impacts of new and emerging technologies on people and society - technologies include AI-enabled applications and biometrics. My work seeks insights into how individuals use IT (e.g. creative/innovative use, adapting to new technologies), and are impacted by IT (both positive and negative).
With over 3500 citations (h-index 21, i-index 30) and 70+ refereed articles my research has appeared in peer‐reviewed proceedings, edited books and journals including MIS Quarterly, Information and Management, Communications of the AIS, Journal of Knowledge Management, Business Process Management Journal, Information Systems Frontiers, and the Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing.
I currently serve as Senior Editor for DATA BASE and for IT & People, as Section Editor for the Australian Journal of Information Systems, and Associate Editor for the Journal of Global Information Management.
In 2020, I was a recipient of the AIS Fellow Award which recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the information systems discipline.
- George JF., Gupta M., Giordano G., Mills A., Tennant V. and Lewis C. (2023) Publishing the Data from “The Effects of Communication Mode and Culture on Deception Detection Accuracy”. Journal of Information Systems 37(2): 129-136. http://dx.doi.org/10.2308/ISYS-2022-025.
- George JF., Mills AM., Giordano G., Gupta M., Tennant VM. and Lewis CC. (2023) Toward a Greater Understanding of the Use of Nonverbal Cues To Deception in Computer-Mediated Communication. IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication 66(2): 131-149. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TPC.2023.3263378.
- Adu EK., Mills A. and Todorova N. (2021) Drivers of Personal Health Information Privacy Concerns among Individuals in Developing Countries: An Empirical Study. Information Technology for Development 27(2): 208-234. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02681102.2020.1806018.
- Vaezi R., Mills A. and Chin W. (2019) User satisfaction with information systems: A comprehensive model of attribute-level satisfaction. Communications of the Association for Information Systems 45(1): 165-206. http://dx.doi.org/10.17705/1CAIS.04513.
- George JF., Gupta M., Giordano G., Mills AM., Tennant VM. and Lewis CC. (2018) The effects of communication media and culture on deception detection accuracy. MIS Quarterly: Management Information Systems 42(2): 551-575. http://dx.doi.org/10.25300/MISQ/2018/13215.