Research interests include tax administration, compliance, ethics and taxation history.
- Hodson A. (2020) New Zealand Taxation 2020: Principles, Cases and Questions. New Zealand Taxation 2020: Principles, Cases and Questions: 965-1004.Thomson Reuters.
- Maples A., Hodson A. and Jone M. (2020) Exploring the Effectiveness of Using an Extended Case study in the Teaching of Taxation. Journal of the Australasian Tax Teachers Association 15(1): 198-231.
- Maples A., Jone M. and Hodson A. (2020) Inland Revenue facilitated conferences: better than settling disputes with 'clubs and spears'? eJournal of Tax Research 18(2): 466-507.
- Hodson A. (2018) Comment: John George Russell: 1934 to 2018. New Zealand Journal of Taxation Law and Policy 24(4): 327-336.
- Hodson A. (2018) Tax Administration. In Coleman J (Ed.), New Zealand Taxation 2018: Principles, Cases and Questions: 939-974.Thomson Reuters.