Scholarships and funding
The College of Business and Law offers specific scholarships to University of Canterbury commerce and law students. There is also a range of scholarships for all UC students on the scholarships database.
College of Business and Law First Year scholarships
For both business and law students:
- UC College of Business and Law First Year Award for Excellence ($5,000 for first year; there are up to 25 scholarships, two scholarhips are reserved for Māori students and two are reserved for Pasifika students)
- UC College of Business and Law Young Enterprise Scheme Student of the Year Scholarship - South Island Region ($5,000 for first year; there are two scholarships, one of which is reserved for a student from the Canterbury region)
- Search the UC scholarships database
- Dr John Innes Scholarship for intending law students from Marlborough Boys and Girls High Schools.
- John McMillan Scholarship
- John Waller Memorial Scholarship
UC Business School annually awards UC Doctoral Scholarships and UC Master's Scholarships for students undertaking research degrees in the disciplines of Accounting and Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Management or Marketing. Scholarship applications will be assessed on academic achievement, but also on broader grounds, including any relevant professional experience.
Other postgraduate Business scholarships:
- Department of Accounting and Information Systems PhD Scholarship
- Northington Partners Scholarship
- Maori Education Trust scholarships
- F A Hayek Scholarship in Economics or Political Science
For high achieving Law students, there are numerous scholarships and summer clerk positions offered by law firms as well as scholarships for postgraduate study.
- Search general postgraduate scholarships
- UC Doctoral Scholarships
- New Zealand Law Foundation Ethel Benjamin Scholarship for Women
- Resource Management Law Association Scholarships
- New Zealand Law Foundation Doctoral Scholarship
To search for scholarships
go to the UC database