Research interests include dividend signalling, share price behaviour associated with information events and event study methodology. Of particular interest is the area of methodology design with respect to event studies conducted in thinly-traded markets.
In addition, corporate governance
- Anderson W., Bhattacharyya N., Morrill C. and Roberts H. (2018) Dividend payout and executive compensation: theory and evidence from New Zealand. Accounting and Finance http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/acfi.12399.
- Lama T. and Anderson WW. (2015) Company characteristics and compliance with ASX corporate governance principles. Pacific Accounting Review 27(3): 373-392. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/PAR-12-2013-0104.
- Anderson WW. and Laurenson IC. (2013) Dealing with Trading Thinness in Event Studies: The Trade-to-trade Model versus the Market Model. Focus: The International Journal of Management Digest 9(1): 19-38.
- (2011) Are profit warnings and suspension notices Adequate distress disclosures on the New Zealand stock exchange? International Research Journal of Finance and Economics 73: 38-56.
- Anderson W. and Chang A. (2011) Are Profit Warnings and Suspension Notices Adequate Distress Disclosures on the New Zealand Stock Exchange? International Research Journal of Finance and Economics 2011(73): 27-45.