Toni's research interests include land law and disaster law. She has recently completed her PhD which looked at the effect the Canterbury earthquakes of 2010 and 2011 had on commercial landlords and tenants. Her current research project is to look at this issue in relation to those affected by the 2016 earthquake in Kaikoura and Wellington.
Toni teaches land law at the School of Law.
- Collins TL. (2016) The Doctrine of Frustration, Commercial Leases and the Canterbury Earthquakes. Christchurch. University of Canterbury.
- Collins T. (2019) Kelsey v Taniora. Butterworths Conveyancing Bulletin 18(10): 139-140.
- Collins T. (2019) Kumar v Patel. Butterworths Conveyancing Bulletin 18(10): 138-139.
- Collins T. (2019) Putt v Putt. Butterworths Conveyancing Bulletin 18(9): 130-132.
- Esterling S. and Collins T. (2019) Fluid Personality: Indigenous Rights and the Te Awa Tupua (Whanganui River Claims Settlement) Act 2017 in Aotearoa New Zealand. Melbourne Journal of International Law 20(1): 197-220.