Qualifications & Memberships
I research in the fields of organisational behaviour/psychology and human resource management. Some of my current research projects focus on attitude measurement, volunteer worker management, wellbeing in the workplace, and employee resilience and engagement.
- Hamilton Skurak H., Malinen SK., Naswall K. and Kuntz J. (2018) Employee wellbeing: The role of psychological detachment on the relationship between engagement and work-life conflict. Economic and Industrial Democracy http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0143831X17750473.
- Lyver POB., Ruru J., Scott N., Tylianakis JM., Arnold J., Malinen SK., Bataille CY., Herse MR., Jones CJ. and Gormley AM. (2018) Building biocultural approaches into Aotearoa–New Zealand’s conservation future. Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03036758.2018.1539405.
- Malinen S., Hatton T., Naswall I. and Kuntz JRCP. (2018) Strategies to enhance employee wellbeing and organisational performance in a post-crisis environment: A case study. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1468-5973.12227.
- Malinen SK. and Mankkinen T. (2018) Finnish firefighters’ barriers to volunteering. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 47(3): 604-622. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0899764017749890.
- Tonkin K., Malinen SK., Naswall K. and Kuntz J. (2018) Building Employee Resilience through Wellbeing in Organizations. Human Resource Development Quarterly http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/hrdq.21306.