Qualifications & Memberships
Dr Ronán Feehily has worked as an academic on three continents, and his research profile reflects the global reach of his publications. His research interests lie primarily in the field of international commercial dispute resolution. Additional research interests include corporate governance, international trade and legal education. He is the author of 19 peer reviewed journal articles in leading law journals in the USA, UK, Africa, Australasia and Ireland. He is also co-author of the seminal legal texts 'An Introduction to the Law of Contract in New Zealand', Thomson Reuters (NZ) 2018, 'Understanding Company Law', LexisNexis (NZ) 2019, and 'Commercial Law and the Legal System', Thomson Reuters (NZ) 2020. His fourth book, 'International Commercial Mediation: Law and Regulation in Comparative Context', will be published by Cambridge University Press when completed. He edited the book ‘Governance, Globalisation and Dispute Resolution’, Star Publications (India) 2017. He has delivered 16 conference papers at leading conferences in the USA, UK, Africa, Australasia and Ireland. He was the recipient of the University of Canterbury Business School New, Early & Emerging Career Researcher Award 2018, and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK). Previously Assistant Professor in law at Durham University, prior to joining the University of Canterbury, Dr Feehily was Associate Professor in Law at the branch campus of a UK university in Mauritius. With a background in legal practice, Dr Feehily has practiced as a commercial lawyer with a major corporate law firm and as in-house legal counsel with a global FinTech company. He is also a Fellow of the Charted Institute of Arbitrators and is a CEDR Accredited Mediator, and has practiced as a commercial arbitrator and mediator.
- Feehily R. and Tiong R. (2020) Commercial Law and the Legal System. Wellington: Thompson Reuters.
- Barrett J. and Feehily R. (2019) Understanding Company Law. Wellington: LexisNexis. 303.
- Feehily R. and Tiong R. (2018) An Introduction to the Law of Contract in New Zealand. (6th ed.). Wellington: Thomson Reuters. 762.
- Feehily R; Seeparsad S (Ed.) (2017) Governance, Globalisation and Dispute Resolution’. New Delhi, India: Star Publications. 184.
- Feehily R. (2017) An Alternative Approach to Postgraduate Legal Education. In Feehily R; Seeparsad S (Ed.), Governance, Globalisation and Dispute Resolution: 46-64. New Delhi, India: Star Publications.