Qualifications & Memberships
Dr Ronán Feehily has worked as an academic on three continents, and his research profile reflects the global reach of his publications. His research interests lie primarily in the field of international commercial dispute resolution. Additional research interests include corporate governance, international trade and legal education. He is the author of 19 peer reviewed journal articles in leading law journals in the USA, UK, Africa, Australasia and Ireland. He has co-authored new editions of the seminal legal texts 'An Introduction to the Law of Contract in New Zealand', published by Thomson Reuters (NZ) in 2018 and 'Understanding Company Law', published by LexisNexis (NZ) in 2019. Dr Feehily also edited the book ‘Governance, Globalisation and Dispute Resolution’ published by Star Publications (India) in 2017. He has delivered 13 conference papers at leading conferences in the USA, UK, Africa, Australasia and Ireland covering various aspects of his research interests. He was the recipient of the University of Canterbury Business School New, Early & Emerging Career Researcher Award 2018, and is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK). Previously a lecturer in law at Durham University, prior to joining the University of Canterbury, Dr Feehily was Associate Professor in Law at the branch campus of a UK university in Mauritius where he coordinated the first LLM (Commercial Law) on the island. With a background in legal practice, Dr Feehily worked as a commercial lawyer with a major corporate law firm and as in-house legal counsel with a global FinTech company for a number of years. He is also a Fellow of the Charted Institute of Arbitrators and is a CEDR Accredited Mediator, and has practiced as a commercial arbitrator and mediator.
- Barrett J. and Feehily R. (2019) Understanding Company Law. Wellington, New Zealand: LexisNexis.
- Feehily R. and Tiong R. (2018) An Introduction to the Law of Contract in New Zealand. Wellington: Thomson Reuters. 762.
- Feehily R; Seeparsad S (Ed.) (2017) Governance, Globalisation and Dispute Resolution’. New Delhi, India: Star Publications. 184.
- Feehily R. (2017) An Alternative Approach to Postgraduate Legal Education. In Feehily R; Seeparsad S (Ed.), Governance, Globalisation and Dispute Resolution: 46-64. New Delhi, India: Star Publications.
- Feehily R. (2019) Commercial Mediation and the Costs Conundrum. Vindobona Journal of International Commercial Law and Arbitration 23(1): 1-53.