Research interests include auditing, financial accounting, applications of information technology in accounting and behavioural research in accounting.
- Fisher R., van Staden C. and Richards G. (2019) Watch that Tone: An Exploratory Investigation of the Use and Stylistic Consequences of Tone in Corporate Accountability Disclosures. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print) http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AAAJ-10-2016-2745.
- Fisher RT., van Staden C. and Richards G. (2019) Tone and the Accounting Narrative. University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii: Hawaii Accounting Research Conference, 3-5 Jan 2019.
- Ma D., Fisher RT. and Nesbit T. (2017) Adoption and Strategic Impact of Cloud Technology: The Case of Small to Medium Accounting Practices. Nice, France: 8th International Research Meeting in Business and Management, 5-6 Jul 2017.
- Waldron M. and Fisher RT. (2017) Values and ethical judgments: The adequacy of students as surrogates for professional accountants. Meditari Accountancy Research 25(1): 37-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/MEDAR-09-2016-0076.
- Fisher RT. and Naylor ST. (2016) Corporate reporting on the Internet and the expectations gap: new face of an old problem. Accounting and Business Research 46(2): 196-220. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00014788.2015.1029866.