Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include: the analysis of corporate social & environmental disclosures and triple bottom line reporting; the concept of sustainability and business responses to sustainability; business narratives of nature and the envirornment and the counter narratives of social movement organisations; organisations and climate change responses; the measurement and assessment of academic accounting research; critiques of journal quality assessments; student-centred learning in accounting education.
- Scobie MR., Milne MJ. and Love TR. (2020) Dissensus and democratic accountability in a case of conflict. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal 33(5): 939-964. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AAAJ-11-2016-2780.
- Guthrie J., Parker L., Dumay J. and Milne MJ. (2019) What counts for quality in interdisciplinary accounting research in the next decade: A critical review and reflection. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal 32(1): 2-25. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AAAJ-01-2019-036.
- Kuruppu S., Milne M. and Tilt C. (2019) Gaining, maintaining and repairing organisational legitimacy: when to report and when not to report. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal Forthcoming http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AAAJ-03-2013-1282.
- Birchall SJ., Murphy M. and Milne MJ. (2018) An investigation into the early stages of New Zealand's voluntary carbon market. Carbon Management 9(1): 71-81. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17583004.2017.1418596.
- Feger C., Mermet L., Vira B., Addison PFE., Barker R., Birkin F., Burns J., Cooper S., Couvet D. and Cuckston T. (2018) Four priorities for new links between conservation science and accounting research. Conservation Biology http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/cobi.13254.