Qualifications & Memberships
I am interested in research on lived experience of practitioners. I believe research studies on lived experience of accountants, corporate directors, investors, educators and students provide enriched insights in compliment to quantitative research studies. I would love to listen to stories of how regulations or deregulations affect professional behaviours. I am also interested in the diversity of perspectives involved in the decision making processes of practitioners.
- Habib A., Bhuiyan B. and Wu J. (2021) Corporate Governance Determinants of Financial Restatements: A Meta-Anaylysis. The International Journal of Accounting http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S1094406021500025.
- Wu JY. (2020) Impact of natural disasters on New Zealand regional family businesses: perspectives of baby boomer family business owners. Journal of Enterprising Communities Online access: 20. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/jec-10-2019-0111.
- Habib A., Wu J., Bhuiyan MBU. and Sun X. (2019) Determinants of auditor choice: Review of the empirical literature. International Journal of Auditing 23(2): 308-335. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ijau.12163.
- Wu J., Habib A., Weil S. and Wild SM. (2018) Exploring the identity of audit committee members of New Zealand listed companies. International Journal of Auditing 22(2): 164-184. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ijau.12111.
- Wu J., Habib A. and Weil S. (2014) Audit Committee Members: What Goes on Behind Closed Doors? Australian Accounting Review 24(4): 321-338. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/auar.12046.