'Diversity in Entrepreneurship' broadly describes my interests within the start-up and the small business sector. I have published papers on entrepreneurial resilience post-disaster; ethnic minority immigrant entrepreneurship; refugee entrepreneurship; and indigenous entrepreneurship -Maori & Pacific Peoples. I have also published on entrepreneurial learning within accelerator programs and large lecture theatre course teaching; and been acknowledged nationally for my work in the business research and teaching nexus.
- de Vries H., Ranabahu N. and Basharati Z. (2020) From Taking Flight to Putting Down Roots: A Narrative Perspective of the Entrepreneurial Journey of a Refugee. In Cooney T (Ed.), Palgrave Handbook on Minority Entrepreneurship England: Palgrave (In Press).
- de Vries HP. and Malinen S. (2020) A Reflective Essay on Creating a Community-of-Learning in a Large Lecture-Theatre Based University Course. New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies 55(2): 363-377. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40841-020-00165-1.
- Fang S., Prayag G., Ozanne L. and de Vries H. (2020) Psychological Capital, Coping Mechanisms and Organizational Resilience: Insights from the 2016 Kaikoura Earthquake, New Zealand. Tourism Management Perspectives 34(April) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2020.100637.
- de Vries HP., Veer E. and de Vries K. (2018) An examination of SME social media use in the food industry. Small Enterprise Research 25(3): 227-238. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13215906.2018.1521741.
- de Vries HP; Miles M (Ed.) (2018) Small Enterprise Research, 25(3). Special Issue: Marketing and venture type. Small Enterprise Research 25(3)Taylor & Francis. 213-307.