The overarching focus of my research is consumption experiences in the services industry with a particular focus on the airline, tourism and hospitality industries. My past and current research themes include: consumption emotions, place/brand attachment, anthropomorphism, service design, destination marketing and tourism/event impacts
- Jia X., Chowdhury M., Prayag G. and Hossan Chowdhury MM. (2020) The role of social capital on proactive and reactive resilience of organizations post-disaster. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction 48 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2020.101614.
- Prayag G. (2020) Halal tourism: looking into the future through the past. Tourism Recreation Research : 1-3. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02508281.2020.1762044.
- Prayag G., Mills H., Lee C. and Soscia I. (2020) Team identification, discrete emotions, satisfaction, and event attachment: A social identity perspective. Journal of Business Research 112: 373-384. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.11.062.
- Prayag G., Ozanne L. and de Vries H. (2020) Psychological Capital, Coping Mechanisms and Organizational Resilience: Insights from the 2016 Kaikoura Earthquake, New Zealand. Tourism Management Perspectives.
- Prayag G., Ozanne L. and Martin-Neuninger R. (2020) Integrating MLP and ‘After ANT’ to Understand Perceptions and Response of Regime Actors to Airbnb. Current Issues in Tourism.