The overarching focus of my research is consumption experiences in the services industry with a particular focus on the airline, tourism and hospitality industries. My past and current research themes include: consumption emotions, place/brand attachment, anthropomorphism, service design, destination marketing and tourism/event impacts
- Fang S., Prayag G., Ozanne L. and de Vries H. (2020) Psychological Capital, Coping Mechanisms and Organizational Resilience: Insights from the 2016 Kaikoura Earthquake, New Zealand. Tourism Management Perspectives 34(April) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2020.100637.
- Fieger P., Prayag G., Hall CM. and North C. (2020) The tourism value of international freedom campers to New Zealand. Tourism Recreation Research 45(2): 265-270. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02508281.2019.1660042.
- Fieger P., Prayag G., Hall CM., Rice J. and Gössling S. (2020) When staying long enough is enough? Annals of Tourism Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2020.102974.
- Jia X., Chowdhury M., Prayag G. and Hossan Chowdhury MM. (2020) The role of social capital on proactive and reactive resilience of organizations post-disaster. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction 48 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2020.101614.
- Pourfakhimi S., Nadim Z., Prayag G. and Mulcahy R. (2020) The influence of neophobia and enduring food involvement on travelers' perceptions of wellbeing—Evidence from international visitors to Iran. International Journal of Tourism Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jtr.2391.