The overarching focus of my research is consumption experiences in the services industry with a particular focus on the airline, tourism and hospitality industries. My past and current research themes include: consumption emotions, place/brand attachment, anthropomorphism, service design, destination marketing and tourism/event impacts
- Alrawadieh Z., Prayag G., Alrawadieh Z. and Alsalameen M. (2019) Self-identification with a heritage tourism site, visitors’ engagement and destination loyalty: the mediating effects of overall satisfaction. Service Industries Journal 39(7-8): 541-558. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02642069.2018.1564284.
- Fieger P., Prayag G. and Bruwer J. (2019) ‘Pull’ motivation: an activity-based typology of international visitors to New Zealand. Current Issues in Tourism 22(2): 173-196. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2017.1383369.
- Jordan EJ., Spencer DM. and Prayag G. (2019) Tourism impacts, emotions and stress. Annals of Tourism Research 75: 213-226. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2019.01.011.
- Khoo-Lattimore C., Prayag G. and Disegna M. (2019) Me, My Girls, and the Ideal Hotel: Segmenting Motivations of the Girlfriend Getaway Market Using Fuzzy C-Medoids for Fuzzy Data. Journal of Travel Research 58(5): 774-792. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0047287518778154.
- Muskat B., Hörtnagl T., Prayag G. and Wagner S. (2019) Perceived quality, authenticity, and price in tourists’ dining experiences: Testing competing models of satisfaction and behavioral intentions. Journal of Vacation Marketing http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1356766718822675.