The overarching focus of my research is consumption experiences in the services industry with a particular focus on the airline, tourism and hospitality industries. My past and current research themes include: consumption emotions, place/brand attachment, anthropomorphism, service design, destination marketing and tourism/event impacts
- Hall CM., Fieger P., Prayag G. and Dyason D. (2021) Panic Buying and Consumption Displacement during COVID-19: Evidence from New Zealand. Economies 9(2): 46-46. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/economies9020046.
- Jordan EJ. and Prayag G. (2021) Residents’ Cognitive Appraisals, Emotions, and Coping Strategies at Local Dark Tourism Sites. Journal of Travel Research : 004728752110047-004728752110047. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/00472875211004761.
- Pourfakhimi S., Nadim Z., Prayag G. and Mulcahy R. (2021) The influence of neophobia and enduring food involvement on travelers' perceptions of wellbeing—Evidence from international visitors to Iran. International Journal of Tourism Research 23(2): 178-191. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jtr.2391.
- Prayag G. and Del Chiappa G. (2021) Nostalgic feelings: motivation, positive and negative emotions, and authenticity at heritage sites. Journal of Heritage Tourism http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1743873X.2021.1874000.
- Chowdhury M., Prayag G., Patwardhan V. and Kumar N. (2020) The impact of social capital and knowledge sharing intention on restaurants’ new product development. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 32(10): 3271-3293. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-04-2020-0345.