Elsamari’s research focuses on online consumer behaviour, the digital transformation of business and digital disruption and its associated technologies. In particular, her research focuses on the effect of technology on consumers and teams within the organization, and its associated change processes. Elsamari has published in leading international journals such as Industrial Marketing Management, Business Horizons, the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, and Public Relations Review.
- Botha E., Creaven G. and Mandy J. (2020) Conveniently healthy: The impact of health endorsements on brand trust, brand loyalty and brand equity in Fast Moving Consumer Goods convenience versus shopping goods. South African Journal of Business Management 51(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/sajbm.v51i1.1535.
- Jibril AB., Kwarteng MA., Pilik M., Botha E. and Osakwe CN. (2020) Towards understanding the initial adoption of online retail stores in a low internet penetration context: An exploratory work in Ghana. Sustainability (Switzerland) 12(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su12030854.
- Lang B., Botha E., Robertson J., Kemper JA., Dolan R. and Kietzmann J. (2020) How to grow the sharing economy? Create Prosumers! Australasian Marketing Journal 28(3): 58-66. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ausmj.2020.06.012.
- Oosthuizen K., Botha E., Robertson J. and Montecchi M. (2020) Artificial intelligence in retail: The AI-enabled value chain. Australasian Marketing Journal http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ausmj.2020.07.007.
- Pitt CS., Plangger KA., Botha E., Kietzmann J. and Pitt L. (2019) How employees engage with B2B brands on social media: Word choice and verbal tone. Industrial Marketing Management 81: 130-137. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2017.09.012.