Ekant joined the University of Canterbury from the University of Bath in 2010. His primary areas of interest include the use of marketing technologies & advertising to encourage social change and the role that consumption patterns play in developing consumer identity. Along with being published in a number of international journals, such as Marketing Letters, the European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Management, and the International Journal of Advertising, Ekant has been involved in projects to improve healthy living in conjunction with the WHO, various NGOs and Government bodies.
- Calder K., D'Aeth L., Turner S., Begg A., Veer E., Scott J. and Fox C. (2019) Evaluation of the All Right? Campaign's Facebook intervention post-disaster in Canterbury, New Zealand.. Health promotion international (Scimago: Q1, H-Index: 75, Journal Impact Factor 2019: 1.866) http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/heapro/day106.
- Dobele AR. and Veer E. (2019) My best writing space: understanding academics self-professed writing spaces. Higher Education (Scimago Q1, H-Index: 80 ) http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10734-018-0346-y.
- de Vries HP., Veer E. and de Vries K. (2018) An examination of SME social media use in the food industry. Small Enterprise Research 25(3): 227-238. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13215906.2018.1521741.
- Veer E. and Golf-Papez M. (2018) Physically freeing: breaking taboos through online displays of the sexual self. Journal of Marketing Management (Scimago: Q1, H-Index: 47, Journal Impact Factor 2019: 2.229) 34(13-14): 1105-1125. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0267257X.2018.1484381.
- Yalkin C. and Veer E. (2018) Taboo on TV: gender, religion, and sexual taboos in transnationally marketed Turkish soap operas. Journal of Marketing Management (Scimago: Q1, H-Index: 47, Journal Impact Factor 2019: 2.229) 34(13-14): 1149-1171. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0267257X.2018.1520738.