Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests focus on the management of organisational behaviour, especially communication and sensemaking, during times of uncertainty and change (e.g., organisational restructuring, CEO succession, business startup, natural disaster). Colleen focuses particularly on management at critical interfaces, both within and between organisations. Recently completed studies have explored (1) the role of materiality such as mundane tools and workplace setting in implementing global strategic change at the frontline and (2) organisational development and (3) disaster communication during the Canterbury earthquakes.
- Mills C (Ed.) (2020) Communication Research and Practice. Communication Reserach and Practice 6(2)Taylor and Francis (Routledge).
- Mills C. (2020) The transformative, mediational and synergist roles of digital media. Communication Research and Practice 6(2) 1.
- Mills C. (2020) What’s the story? Using narrative for workplace inquiry. In Crossman J; Bordia S (Ed.), Edward Elgar Handbook of Qualitative Research Methodologies in Workplace ContextsEdward Elgar.
- Mills C. and Arnaud N.. (2020) The Collaborative Action Narrative Sequence (CANS): Capturing the narrativity at the interorganizational interface. In Published online 1 May 2020.
- Touzé F. (2020) Foreword. In Implicative Marketing: For a Sustainabel economy: xiv-xvi. Oxon, UK: Routledge: Paylor and Francis.