Generating value through competition, collaboration and innovation.
Christopher Vas is Associate Professor and MBA Director. Prior to joining UC, Dr Vas was Deputy Dean and Director of Murdoch University’s first offshore R&D centre – Singapore Centre for Research in Innovation, Productivity and Technology (SCRIPT). The Centre was formed on the back of the Second Murdoch Commission on Food Security, Trade and Partnerships, in which Dr Vas was Executive Director and Commissioner; and, a $0.5m productivity and innovation benchmarking research study funded by SPRING Singapore in which he was one of the Chief Investigators.
Between 2016 and 2018, Dr Vas was Chief Investigator of the Smart Urban Farm Factories study funded by the Peel Development Commission. In 2017, Dr Vas co-founded Futuresafe Technologies in Singapore.
During his tenure at ANU as Program Director, he co-chaired the Trans-Pacific dialogue ‘Creating a Productive Future: Social and Economic Challenges, Policy and Governance’ jointly hosted by the Crawford School of Public Policy (ANU) and Harvard Kennedy School (Harvard University). He also served in the Australian Government across agencies including Departments of Industry and Innovation, Education, Employment and the Australian Federal Police.
Dr Vas was also Engagement Director at the globally renowned Indian School of Business (ISB) where he designed programs for Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Maersk Ltd (Denmark), Indian Ministry of Home Affairs, Coca Cola, Vodafone and others.
He has published in leading journals such as R&D Management, Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis: Research and Practice and co-authored a book on SME innovation.
Dr Vas holds a PhD in Public Policy from the ANU. He has completed an Executive Certificate in Strategy and Innovation from MIT Sloan School of Management.
- Ranchod R. and Vas C. (2019) Policy networks revisited: Creating a researcher–policymaker community. Evidence and Policy 15(1): 31-47. http://dx.doi.org/10.1332/174426417X15139342679329.
- Waring P., Vas C. and Bali AS. (2018) The challenges of state intervention in Singapore's youth labour market. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion 37(2): 138-150. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/EDI-10-2017-0211.
- Nicolopoulou K., Karataş-Özkan M., Vas C. and Nouman M. (2017) An incubation perspective on social innovation: the London Hub – a social incubator. R and D Management 47(3): 368-384. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/radm.12179.
- Legrand T. and Vas C. (2014) Framing the Policy Analysis of OECD and Australian VET Interaction: Two Heuristics of Policy Transfer. Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis: Research and Practice 16(3): 230-248. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13876988.2014.910909.
- Vas C. and Koruth T. (2013) Planning a Productive Higher Education System. US-China Education Review 3(10): 730-738.