Research interests include small business development, particularly (a) growth paths and (b) relationships among strategy, resource abse, and performance. Also work in areas of industry economics, including the international trading performance of NZ industries. Some work developing in strategic management centered on the interaction between governance and strategy.
- Hamilton RT. and Ng PY. (2019) The innovation paradox and survival of family firms in the United Arab Emirates. Lisbon: European Academy of Management, 26-28 Jun 2019.
- Hamilton RT. and Satterthwaite S. (2019) Regional spread of high-growth enterprises in New Zealand. Australasian Journal of Regional Studies 25(1): 26-53.
- Hamilton RT. and Satterthwaite S. (2019) Regional spread of high-growth firms in New Zealand. Australasian Journal of Regional Studies 25(1): 26-53.
- Hamilton RT., Nandu-Templeton J., Vanderklei M., de Vries H. and Love T. (2017) Interpreting the narratives of Maori entrepreneurs. MAI Journal 6(2): 164-179. http://dx.doi.org/10.20507/MAIJournal.2017.6.2.6.
- Satterthwaite S. and Hamilton RT. (2017) High-growth firms in New Zealand: Superstars or shooting stars? International Small Business Journal : 1-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0266242616659913.