Research interests include new management accounting techniques; management accounting in charities, service organisations and small businesses; accounting history and accounting education.
- Lord B. (2019) Charities' Service Performance Reporting. Wellington, NZ: 13th New Zealand Management Accounting conference, 21-22 Nov 2019.
- Amoako KO., Lord BR. and Dixon K. (2018) Stakeholders’ perceptions about the connection between sustainability and accounting practices: Insights from mining in Ghana. University of Edinburgh, UK: 12th Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Accounting Conference, 11-13 Jul 2018.
- Gunatilake G., Lord BR. and Dixon K. (2018) Politics of Accounting Evidence in Privatising Sri Lanka Telecom. Brussels, Belgium: 11th Conference on New Directions in Management Accounting, 12-14 Dec 2018.
- Amoako K., Lord BR. and Dixon K. (2017) Stakeholders' perceptions of sustainability and management accounting in the mining sector: Evidence from Gold Fields Ghana. Christchurch: 11th New Zealand Management Accounting Conference, 23-24 Nov 2017. In 11th New Zealand Management Accounting Conference - Abstracts and Programme: 6-6.
- Amoako KO., Lord BR. and Dixon K. (2017) Insights from the websites of five plants operated by Newmont Mining Corporation. Meditari Accountancy Research 25(2): 186-215. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/MEDAR-02-2016-0020.