To enable a fun and interactive learning and teaching environment. Conduct and publish engaging multidisciplinary research studies.
Anushia Inthiran served as a Senior IT Security Analyst for 6 years with Standard Chartered Bank prior to embarking in a career in academia. Shen then joined APIIT as a Senior Lecturer and Program Leader for the Staffordshire University Computing Degree Programmes. Thereafter she pursued her academic career with Monash University in 2012 as a Lecturer and Course Director of the Master of Business Information Systems postgraduate degree program. In 2015, she spearheaded the initiative in getting Monash University accredited as one of seven universities committed to national initiatives in Big Data and Analytics. In 2016, she was awarded the Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning by the Faculty of Information Technology.
Anushia was awarded the Fundamental Research Grant Scheme by the Malaysian government as Primary Investigator in 2013. This research grant allowed her and her team to examine the information search behaviour of physicians during the practice of evidence based medicine. In 2016, she was awarded the School of Information Technology SEED grant as primary investigator which allowed her to use eye tracking technology to describe how older adults view online health webpages. In 2017, she was awarded Contestable Conference Funding by the University of Canterbury. She is well published and serves as an editorial board member and reviewer on a number of highly ranked journals and conferences. Anushia is an alumna of the New Zealand Women in Leadership Programme. Her PhD students have been awarded the Association of Computer Machinery (ACM) and Association of Computer Machinery Special Interest Group (ACMSIGIR- Women in IT) travel grants in several occasions. Anushia is an adjunct research associate with Monash University.
- Inthiran A. (2020) Online Health Searching: A Perspective from South East Asia. Techniques in Neurosurgery and Neurology 3(2).
- Sharma R., Kevin J., Anderson W. and Inthiran A. (2019) Higher Education 4.0: Uni for nothin’, MOOCs for free? Munich, Germany: International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2019 Conference, 15-18 Dec 2019.
- Yilma T., Inthiran A., Reidpath D. and Orimaye S. (2019) Context-based interactive health information searching. Information Research: an international electronic journal 24(2) 815.
- Inthiran A. and Macredie RD.. (2018) How Do Older Adults View Online Health Webpages? Preliminary Results from Eye Tracking Data. In Zhou J; Salvendy G (Eds). Lecture Notes in Computer Science 10926Springer Verlag. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92034-4_19.
- Inthiran A. and Macredie RD.. (2018) Older Adults' Perception of Online Health Webpages Using Eye Tracking Technology. In Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 721: 531-537. Springer Verlag. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73450-7_50.