This year's BIC annual symposium will take place on Thursday, 26 November from 10:00am - 2:30pm at the University of Canterbury. The event will showcase a diverse range of speakers drawn from research, industry and government presenting on topics including future foods, biosecurity, biomedical devices and tracking COVID-19 with genomic sequencing. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about world-class research happening across New Zealand and meet others working in the field.
Date: Thursday 26 November 2020
Time: 10.00 AM – 2.30 PM NZDT
Location: University of Canterbury
- Dr Joep de Ligt, Institute of Environmental and Science Research (ESR)
- Dr Carlo Carere, Chemical and Process Engineering at UC
- Dr Olivia Ogilvie, School of Biological Sciences at UC
- Dr Mark Malone, Director of Research and Development at Fonterra
- Sean Feast, School of Product Design at UC
- Joanna Norris, CEO at ChristchurchNZ
- Dr Steve Pawson, School of Forestry at UC
- Prof. Kurt Krause, University of Otago
- Dr Debbie Munro, Mechanical Engineering at UC
- Prof. Wendy Lawson, Pro-Vice Chancellor of Science at UC
Registration is free and we welcome anyone who would like to attend.
Please register here by 19 November.