We cordially invite you to AUC 2019, the 24th International Analytical Ultracentrifugation Workshop and Symposium, co-hosted by the Biomolecular Interaction Centre.
The programme will begin with three days of workshops, followed by a three day symposium. There will be two poster sessions, a round-table discussion and exhibitor fair.
The focus of AUC 2019 is on solution studies of biological macromolecules, interacting systems, synthetic polymers, nanoparticles and colloids. Techniques such as analytical ultracentrifugation (AUC), dynamic and static light scattering (DLS, MALLS), small angle X-ray and neutron scattering (SAXS, SANS), NMR, SPR, field flow fractionation (FFF), and calorimetry (ITC, DSC), and fluorescence techniques are featured.
Workshop Dates: 24-26 August 2019
Symposium Dates: 27-29 August 2019
Venue: Eningeering Core, University of Canterbury
BIC Satellite Symposium at QMB
BIC are hosting a two-day satellite symposium at Queenstown Research Week. Queenstown Research Week is New Zealand’s biggest annual scientific gathering. It is a week of co-ordinated meetings covering a wide range of topics. Our two-day biomolecular interaction satellite meeting will have a range of exciting speakers from across the spectrum of science, engineering and industry.
Dates: 1-2 September 2019 (QRW runs 1-6 September 2019)
Venue: Queenstown, New Zealand
- Juliet Gerrard, Prime Minister's Science Advisor and University of Auckland
- Jenny Malmstro, University of Auckland
- Laura Domigan, University of Auckland
- Elizabeth Ostroski, Massey University
- Margi Sundie, University of Sydney
- Karen Fleming (USA) Plenary
- Vanessa Morris, School of Biological Sciences, University of Canterbury
- Jane Allison, University of Auckland
- Dominika Elmlund, Monash University
- Emma June Petrie, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
- Olwyn Byron, University of Glasgow
- Tuomas Knowles, University of Cambridge
- Tom Laue, University of New Hampshire
- Paul Gardner, University of Otago
- Michael Griffin, University of Melbourne
- Volker Nock, University of Canterbury
- Tim Cooper, Massey University
- Peter Mace, University of Otago
- Brendon Green, Kaitiaki Advisory
- Andy Muscroft-Taylor, Protein Science and Engineering Team, Integrated Biotechnologies, Callaghan Innovation
- Will Barker, Mint Innovation