Study with us
We’re seeking highly motivated PhD applicants to join our ambitious research programme exploring how 3D-printing can revolutionise manufacturing processes in chemical engineering.
We’re looking for PhD applicants with degrees in engineering, physics or computer science, excellent academic records and strong written skills. We want people who can demonstrate outstanding ability in numerical methods, lab-based measurements, machine learning or computer graphics, or some combination of these.
You’ll need to demonstrate an aptitude to learn a broad range of new skills, including those outside your existing discipline.
PhD topics available include:
- Investigation of fluid flow inside 3D printed geometries by Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) characterisation of heat and mass transfer in structured porous materials
- Design, fabrication and testing of 3D printed heat exchangers
- Developing and characterising applications of structured porous materials such as catalytic reactors, tissue scaffolds and purification processes
- Optimisation of porous geometries using machine learning
- Developing efficient computational representations of fine porous structures for Computer Aided Design (CAD)
We are offering a competitive tax-free stipend of NZD $27,500 per year for three years. Funding is also available to cover tuition fees and research project consumable costs.
Expressions of interest and to find out more
If you’d like to have an informal conversation to find out more about our work and the post-graduate opportunities available, please email email@example.com