Research interests include the interface between Matauranga Maori/indigenous knowledge and science; Traditional Maori games and sports; Maori sports
- Borell PJ. and Kahi HK. (2017) Sport, Leisure and Culture in Māori Society. In Spracklen K; Lashua B; Sharpe E; Swain S (Ed.), The Palgrave Handbook of Leisure Theory: 127-141.Palgrave Macmillan. http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-56479-5_8.
- Kahi HK. (2017) Heart of Dark(y)ness:? Negotiating race and racism in New Zealand rugby: Club rugby players talk rugby. Christchurch. University of Canterbury.
- McMeeking SM., McIntyre A., Tam H., Morrison J. and Kahi H. (2016) Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu Group Workforce Scoping-: What jobs will exist within the Iwi in 10 years time and what skills and attributes will be needed..
- Kahi H. (2015) Raising Boy: Reviewing Māori Fourth World Cinema. Melbourne, Australia: Cinema at the End of the World Conference, 16-19 Nov 2015.
- Kahi H. (2015) The Hīnaki: Dynamics of the Christchurch Rebuild in the Neighbourhood. Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand: New Zealand Political Studies Association, 30 Nov-2 Dec 2015.