Sacha brings a serial entrepreneur’s approach to working with and for Iwi Māori. From instigating United Nations proceedings to architecting a Māori social enterprise fund and leading commercial negotiations, she is known for solution-building that meets Iwi Māori aspirations.
Before coming to UC, Sacha was the director of a boutique consultancy working with Iwi Māori in strategy development, kaupapa Māori asset management and innovation and the General Manager Strategy and influence with Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu, responsible for government relations on behalf of the Iwi.
Recognised as an emerging New Zealand leader, Sacha won the inaugural Fulbright Harkness Fellowship in 2010. Sacha is a change agent and compliments her varied background with a desire to support and grow the next generation of Māori scholars. Initiatives like the Māui lab are a product of that intent and just one of the many innovations that Sacha intends to bring through Aotahi in the years to come.
Sacha is researching in the areas of:
• Iwi Māori development, innovation and entrepreneurship
• Iwi Māori futures, social and cultural capital
• Comparative approaches to Indigenous peoples
• Public policy
- McMeeking SM. (2018) Future Society- Invited Keynote Address, Panel Chair and Facilitator. Auckland, New Zealand: Digital Nations 2030-International Summit, 20 Feb 2018.
- McMeeking SM. (2018) MoU's are so last century--GLAM sector partnerships with Iwi Māori. Isaac Theatre Royal, Christchurch, New Zealand: Museums Aotearoa 2018 Conference--Outside Insights, 21 May 2018
- McMeeking SM. (2018) Treasury Investing for Wellbeing Symposium Panel Presentation- Invited panel member for the launch of He Puna Hao Pātiki- Treasury Investing for Wellbeing Report. Wellington, New Zealand: Treasury Investing for Wellbeing Symposium, 20 Mar 2018
- McMeeking SM. (2017) Invited Keynote Address-- Revolution-- Whānau Ora. Christchurch, New Zealand: Te Pūtahitanga o Te Waipounamu Symposium, 23 Jun 2017.
- McMeeking SM. (2017) Report Launch- Keynote Address Insights on Māori Social Enterprise. Christchurch, New Zealand: Social Enterprise World Forum 2017- Indigenous Networking Event.