Engage with the College of Arts
Get ready for study in the Arts at UC
The College of Arts is committed to providing opportunities for secondary school students to experience the Arts.
STAR Arts courses
High-achieving secondary school students can challenge themselves academically and get a feel for university study by enrolling in STAR Arts courses while still at school.
Teece Museum Outreach Programme
The Teece Museum outreach program encourages young students to engage with learning through object based inquiry. The program uses artefacts from the James Logie Memorial Collection, now on display in the Teece Museum at the UC Arts City Location. Its resources and activities are available online, and the friendly curatorial team are on hand to co-ordinate activities.
The key aims of the program are to:
- Encourage an appreciation of object based learning
- Inform how museum collections have the potential to facilitate active learning
- Support teaching of all disciplines to all levels of education
- Inspire young people to pursue learning at a higher level
Join us at our regular events
- Art History Day and Scholarship Lectures
- Classics Day
- English Scholarship Lectures
- Fine Arts Exhibitions
- German Day
- Japanese Day
- Model EU (European and European Union studies)
- Music Events
- Te Reo Workshops
To find out about scheduled events or share your ideas about possible outreach activities contact: