Outreach for schools
Get ready for study in the Arts at UC
UC Arts is committed to providing opportunities for secondary school students to experience the richness and diversity of Arts subjects. You can attend events on campus, hear one of our subject experts speak at your school, or enrol in STAR courses to jumpstart your university journey while still at school. Our departments also run day-long events throughout the year so you can experience what different subjects have to offer.
High-achieving secondary school students can start their university education while still at school.
You can also get involved in:
Teece Museum Outreach Programme
The Teece Museum outreach program encourages young students to engage with learning through object based inquiry. The program uses artefacts from the James Logie Memorial Collection, now on display in the museum. Teece resources and activities are available online, and the friendly curatorial team are on hand to co-ordinate activities.
The key aims of the program are to:
- Encourage an appreciation of object based learning
- Inform how museum collections have the potential to facilitate active learning
- Support teaching of all disciplines to all levels of education
- Inspire young people to pursue learning at a higher level
Learn more about the programme.
Join us at Arts subject events
For details and announcements about events visit the Arts events feed, or contact departments about their outreach events:
- Art History Day and Scholarship Lectures
- Classics Day
- English Scholarship Lectures
- Fine Arts Exhibitions
- French Day
- Japanese Day
- Model EU (European and European Union studies)
- Music Events
- Spanish Day
- Te Reo Workshops
To find out about scheduled events or share your ideas about possible outreach activities email firstname.lastname@example.org