Research interests focus on health communication, in particular, effects of public health campaigns and promotions. Her research also incorporates concepts from social psychology and social network analysis in the field of health communication. She is also interested in investigating entertainment and media advocacy.
- Chen W. and Leung WC. (2019) Mental Health Information Seeking among Young Adult Chinese Students in New Zealand. Canberra: 2019 Australia and New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA) Conference, 3-5 Jul 2019.
- Leung WC. (2019) Female political leaders’ media responses: #MeToo in UK and Taiwan. Nottingham, UK: Political Studies Association (PSA) Annual International Conference 2019, 15-17 Mar 2020.
- Leung W. (2018) Discussing HPV Vaccination: Ego-centric social networks and perceived norms among young men. Chicago, IL, USA: Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC17) Annual Conference 2017, 9-12 Aug 2017.
- Leung W. (2018) Food photos on-the-go: Posting food on Instagram. Hong Kong: Communication Visiting Scholar Program 2018 Workshop, 1-3 Feb 2018. In Mobile People, Mobile Communication: Media and Social Live on the Move.
- Leung W. (2017) Political associational ties on mobile social media: A cross-national study of Asia-Pacific region. USA: Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) Annual Conference 2016.