Qualifications & Memberships
I am currently engaged in research into workplace bullying, in particular derpersonalised/organisational bullying. Additional research interests include workplace stress; the impact of neoliberalisation and globalisation on social science education and on work in the human services; loss, grief and mourning; interpersonal violence; and mental health issues.
- van Heugten K. (2014) Human Service Organizations in the Disaster Context. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. 209. http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/9781137387424.
- van Heugten K. (2011) Social Work Under Pressure: How to Overcome Stress, Fatigue and Burnout in the Workplace. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers. 224pp.
- van Heugten K. and Gibbs A. (2015) Social Work for Sociologists: Theory and Practice. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. 193. http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/9781137389688.
- Murphy-Edwards L. and van Heugten K. (2018) Domestic Property Violence: A Distinct and Damaging Form of Parent Abuse. Journal of Interpersonal Violence 33(4): 617-636. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0886260515613341.
- Hughes C., van Heugten K., Keeling S. and Szekely F. (2017) Being-in-the-Chemotherapy-Suite versus Being-in-the-Oncology-Ward: An Analytical View of Two Hospital Sites Occupied by People Experiencing Cancer. Cancers 9(6) 64: 21. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/cancers9060064.