Qualifications & Memberships
I am currently engaged in research into workplace bullying, in particular derpersonalised/organisational bullying. Additional research interests include workplace stress; the impact of neoliberalisation and globalisation on social science education and on work in the human services; loss, grief and mourning; interpersonal violence; and mental health issues.
- van Heugten K. (2014) Human Service Organizations in the Disaster Context. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. 209. http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/9781137387424.
- van Heugten K. (2011) Social Work Under Pressure: How to Overcome Stress, Fatigue and Burnout in the Workplace. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers. 224pp.
- van Heugten K. and Gibbs A. (2015) Social Work for Sociologists: Theory and Practice. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. 193. http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/9781137389688.
- He L. and van Heugten K. (2020) Chinese Migrant Workers’ Care Experiences: A Model of the Mediating Roles of Filial Piety. Qualitative Health Research 30(11): 1749-1761. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1049732320925420.
- Porter L., van Heugten K. and Champion P. (2020) The risk of low risk : First time motherhood, prematurity and dyadic well‐being. Infant Mental Health Journal imhj.21875 http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/imhj.21875.