Senior Lecturer in FilmJohn Chrisstoffels
Fine Arts, Block 2, Room 208
Critically aclaimed Film-maker and Musician specialising in cinematography.
As a Film-maker and Musician for over 35 years my research interests span much of what might be described as 'time-based' art. I have in that time achieved critical acclaim for my work both Nationally and Internationally. I have collaborated with high-profile international and local artists/film-makers. As a respected member of the New Zealand film-making community I have been a Creative New Zealand panelist and committee member of numerous film organisations and events. Research interests include film theory and the history of film (New Zealand and international), and all facets of film-making directing and producing, as well as new technologies.
- Chrisstoffels J., Bullen R., Millar P. and Beattie J.(2022) Building Bridges: Bill Youren's Vision of Peace. Director: Commissioned by Private. [Digital]. 78 Minutes.
- Escaip V.(2022) Bailan (Kotahitanga). Cinematographer/editor: [Digital].
- Escaip V.(2022) Bailan (Kotahitanga). recording engineer, musician: [Music Video].
- Ashurst G.(2021) The Meek. Cinematographer: Commissioned by NZ Film Commission. [Digital]. 10min.
- Grant L.(2021) Christchurch Hospital Nurses Chapel. Cinematographer and Editor: [Digital]. 6 minutes.