Qualifications & Memberships
Jane has been working in social work tertiary education both here and Australia since 1994. Her main areas of teaching, research and publication have focused on field education and practice skills teaching and learning; Ageing; Using craft as a vehicle for promoting social connectedness wellbeing. Jane actively seeks to support both students and social work practitioners to conduct practice research in the field.
- Beddoe E. and Maidment J. (2009) Mapping Knowledge for Social Work Practice: Critical Interactions. Melbourne: Cengage Publishing. x.
- Connolly M; Harms L; Maidment JM (Ed.) (2017) Social Work: Contexts and Practice. (4th ed.) Melbourne: Oxford University Press. sviii+323.
- Maidment J. and Beddoe L. (2016) Social Policy for Social Work and Human Services in Aotearoa New Zealand: Diverse perspectives. Christchurch: Canterbury University Press. 356.
- Maidment J. and Egan R. (2016) Practice Skills for Social Work and Welfare: More than just common sense. (3rd ed.) Sydney: Allan & Unwin. 368pp.
- Beddoe L. and Maidment J. (2015) Supervision in Social Work: Contemporary Issues. Abingdon: Routledge. 131pp.