Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include cultural history, nineteenth-and-twentieth century Russian and European literature and history of ideas. I have also published extensively on socio-political aspects of contemporary Russian culture, with special reference to the discourse of the ethnic Other. I am interested in the representation of Jewish alterity in cultural discourse. I have also published on the discourse of species and the representation of human-animal relations from the 19th century till present. My latest research relates to embodied differences and materiality.
- Mondry H. (2021) Embodied Differences: The Jew's Body and Materiality in Russian Literature and Culture. Boston: Academic Studies Press. 270 pp.
- Mondry H. and Uralskii M. (2021) Dostoevskii i evrei. St Petersburg: Aleteia. 888 pp.
- Mondry H. (2015) Political animals: Representing dogs in modern Russian culture. 1-432. http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/9789401211840.
- Mondry H. (2015) Political Animals: Representing Dogs in Modern Russian Culture. Amsterdam: Brill | Rodopi. 451pp.
- Mondry H. (2010) Vasily Rozanov and the body of Russian literature. 1-166.