Qualifications & Memberships
Graham has researched and written on ethics and characterization in Homer and Hesiod, the so-called realism of Alexandrian Hellenistic poetry, and ancient literary criticism. He has written a number of studies on the relationship of Hellenistic poetry and art. He is has produced a commentary on Herodas the Hellenistic mime-writer, and has recently started publishing articles and writing a book on the concept of fate in Virgil's Aeneid.
- Zanker G. (2009) Herodas: Mimiambs. Oxford: Oxbow. 252pp.
- Szlezák TA. and Zanker G. (2005) Reading plato. 1-109. http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9780203981009.
- Zanker G. (2004) Modes of Viewing in Hellenistic Poetry and Art. Madison: The University of Wisconsin Press. 223.
- Zanker G. (1996) The Heart of Achilles Characterization and Personal Ethics in the Iliad. University of Michigan Press. 174.
- Zanker G. (1987) Realism in Alexandrian Poetry A Literature and Its Audience. Croom Helm Limited. 250.