Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests lie in journalism studies, with a particular emphasis on discourse analysis of journalists' writing practices. This interest has taken him towards researching journalism in new media, as well as historical and ethical aspects of newswriting. He is also interested in journalism sociology and in the study of alternative media.
- Matheson D. and Allan S. (2009) Digital War Reporting. Cambridge: Polity Press. 218pp.
- Matheson D. (2005) Media Discourses: Analysing Media Texts. Maidenhead: Open University Press. 224pp.
- Matheson D (Ed.) Moy P. and Matheson D. (2019) Voices: Exploring the shifting contours of communication. New York: Peter Lang.
- Fitch K., Matheson D. and Bourk M. (2016) Media International Australia (160): Rethinking Public Relations in the Australian and New Zealand Communication Landscape. 6-158.
- Matheson D. and Bourk M. (2015) Communication Research and Practice 1(4): Rethinking Communication, Space and Identity. 291-390.