Associate ProfessorChia-rong Wu
Qualifications & Memberships
Chia-rong Wu is an Associate Professor (Reader) in the Department of Global, Cultural and Language Studies at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand. Dr. Wu received his PhD in Comparative Literature from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. He specializes in Sinophone literature and film through the lens of postcolonial theories, Indigenous studies, diaspora, and ecocriticism. He is currently supervising PhD students in related fields. Dr. Wu is the author of Supernatural Sinophone Taiwan and Beyond (Cambria Press, 2016) and Remapping the Contested Sinosphere: The Cross-cultural Landscape and Ethnoscape of Taiwan (Cambria Press, 2020). He is also the co-editor of Taiwan Literature in the 21st Century: A Critical Reader (Springer, 2023). Dr. Wu is currently working on two new book projects: his third monograph entitled “Navigating Youth Politics: Victims, Rebels, and Pathfinders in Sinophone Taiwan” and an edited volume called “Moving Borders: The Southern Discourse in Sinophone Literature.” Additionally, Dr. Wu is serving on the International Advisory Board of Interdisciplinary and Transcultural Approaches to Chinese Literature (Routledge Book Series), Cultural History Editorial Advisory Board (Bloomsbury Book Series), and the Advisory Board of Taiwan Lit (online journal centering on studies of Taiwan literature and culture).
Below are the links to the reviews of and interviews about Dr. Wu's book publications.
- Wu C-R; Fan M-J (Ed.) (2023) Taiwan Literature in the 21st Century: A Critical Reader. Springer. 253. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-8380-1.
- WU C-R. (2020) Remapping the Contested Sinosphere The Cross-Cultural Landscape and Ethnoscape of Taiwan. Cambria Press. http://dx.doi.org/10.15239/9781621965442.
- Wu C-R. (2016) Supernatural Sinophone Taiwan and Beyond. Cambria Press. 242.
- Wu C-R. (2023) Through an Indigenous Lens: Syaman Rapongan’s Rewriting of Oceanic Taiwan. In Wu C-R; Fan M-J (Ed.), Taiwan Literature in the 21st Century: A Critical Reader: 153-164.Springer. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-8380-1_11.
- Wu C-R. and Fan M-J. (2023) Introduction: Taiwan Literature in the 21st Century. Taiwan Literature in the 21st Century: A Critical Reader: 1-11.Springer. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-8380-1_1.