Research into the production, dissemination and impact of contemporary and modern visual artists practice within this network (arts industry) and the broader 'public' sector. Having developed my practice as a curator and writer in New Zealand over recent decades I have garnered a significant understanding of the machinations of this country's rich visual arts practice. My interest in contemporary art is defined by the art currents of this place, but this is a perspective that is as much shaped by looking out as it is within our borders. New Zealand’s contemporary art community, while at times operating in relative isolation, has a strong permaculture that has always been welled informed and connected to a global art world. As a researcher who operates in a range of terrains in this network I am interested in interrogating the practice that we produce in this place, but also how it operates, reacts and speaks to this wider discourse.
- Kreisler AP. (2017) Len Lye: Pretty Good For The Twenty First Century. Curator: Campus Gallery, School of Fine Arts, University of Canterbury. 11 Oct-8 Nov 2017. [Curated Exhibition].
- Goniwe T., Hylton R., Kreisler A., Ritter K. and Shivadas V. (2014) Where do I end and you begin. Co-curator: City Art Centre, The Old Royal High School and various off-site locations in Edinburgh, Scotland. 1 Aug-19 Oct 2014. [Curated a selection of contemporary New Zealand art as part of multinational collaborative exhibition for international arts festival].
- Kreisler A. and Aberhart L. (2014) Laurence Aberhart: ANZAC, A Survey of WWI memorials photographed over a forty year period.. Senior Curator, exhibition editor and fundraiser (secured major support from WW100 fund).: Dunedin Public Art Gallery, Auckland Art Gallery, Sarjeant Gallery (Wanganui), Tauranga Art Gallery. 12 Apr 2014-31 Dec 2017. [Curated exhibition].
- Kreisler AP. and van Zon E. (2014) Erica van Zon: Dogwood Days. Principal curator: Dunedin Public Art Gallery. 29 Nov 2014-15 Mar 2015. [Curated artist in residency exhibition].
- Kreisler AP., Lister A. and Oh SY. (2014) Seung Yul Oh Moa Moa: A Decade. Co-curator, co-author (didactic texts) and co-commissioner new works: Dunedin Public Art Gallery and City Gallery, Wellington. 23 Nov 2013-24 Aug 2014. [Curated exhibition of a decades worth of performance based, video, painting, sculptural and installation practice by Seung Yul Oh. First major analysis of this highly regarded New Zealand/Korean contemporary artists work].