Research into the production, dissemination and impact of contemporary and modern visual artists practice within this network (arts industry) and the broader 'public' sector. Having developed my practice as a curator and writer in New Zealand over recent decades I have garnered a significant understanding of the machinations of this country's rich visual arts practice. My interest in contemporary art is defined by the art currents of this place, but this is a perspective that is as much shaped by looking out as it is within our borders. New Zealand’s contemporary art community, while at times operating in relative isolation, has a strong permaculture that has always been welled informed and connected to a global art world. As a researcher who operates in a range of terrains in this network I am interested in interrogating the practice that we produce in this place, but also how it operates, reacts and speaks to this wider discourse.
- Kreisler A. and Watkinson H. (2021) Hannah Watkinson: The Near Future. co-curator: Centre of Contemporary Art, Christchurch. 11 Jun-28 Aug 2021. [Photographic exhibition].
- Kreisler A., Culbert B. and Hotere R. (2021) Culbert Hotere: Pitch Black. Curator: Centre of Contemporary Art, Christchurch. 13 Mar-22 May 2021. [Curated exhibition].
- Kreisler A., Neate R., Palmer L., Veling T. and Chrisstoffels J. (2020) Track and trace. Curator: Ilam campus gallery, Ilam school of fine arts, university of canterbury. 27 Feb-20 Mar 2020. [Multi-media contemporary art exhibition].
- Kreisler AP. (2017) Len Lye: Pretty Good For The Twenty First Century. Curator: Campus Gallery, School of Fine Arts, University of Canterbury. 11 Oct-8 Nov 2017. [Curated Exhibition].
- Goniwe T., Hylton R., Kreisler A., Ritter K. and Shivadas V. (2014) Where do I end and you begin. Co-curator: City Art Centre, The Old Royal High School and various off-site locations in Edinburgh, Scotland. 1 Aug-19 Oct 2014. [Curated a selection of contemporary New Zealand art as part of multinational collaborative exhibition for international arts festival].