University Registrar | Pouroki | Jeff Field
Jeff Field has worked at the university for more than 20 years in a variety of roles, including communications, fundraising, publishing, international affairs and marketing. He was appointed Registrar in 2005.
He did BA and MA degrees at UC, graduating in psychology with first class honours. He trained as a secondary school teacher, graduating with distinction from the Christchurch College of Education, and taught mathematics before undertaking a postgraduate diploma in journalism at UC and embarking on a career as a journalist. He worked in print and television media and was Chief Reporter for Television New Zealand in the Canterbury region before taking up employment with the university.
Mr Field's professional and public service activities include being a Justice of the Peace and a member and chair of a number of charitable trusts. He is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Directors and a member of the Fundraising Institute of New Zealand, the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand, and is internationally Accredited in Public Relations (APR).
The role of the Registrar
The University Registrar is a member of the Senior Management Team and the secretary to the University Council. The Registrar provides advice and support for the Vice-Chancellor and Chancellor and has responsibility for:
- Organisational strategy and planning including the Annual Report
- Management of governance through the University Council and its committees
- Policy development, review and compliance
- Risk Management and Compliance Framework (PDF, 88KB, 27 pages)
- Emergency management
- Information and records management
- Student discipline and University proctors
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Examinations and graduation