Enabling People to Make a Difference
The role of the Human Resources Service Unit (HR) is to contribute to the University vision of being “people prepared to make a difference | tangata tū, tangata ora” by providing exceptional, seamless and professional Human Resource Management, Health and Safety Leadership, and Organisational Development services.
We are committed to working with our leaders and people to develop a constructive organisational culture that is agile, supports continuous improvement, and contributes to UC’s success.
We will achieve this by:
- Fostering a safe work environment
- Attracting, retaining and developing the best people
- Developing leadership capability for now and for the future
- Helping leaders to build a collaborative and engaged workforce, team by team
- Challenging ourselves to seek opportunities to enhance our performance, every day
- Enabling and supporting the desire to build a constructive organisational culture
- Supporting Rautaki Whakawhanake Kaupapa Māori - UC’s Strategy for Māori Development, PDF, 332KB
- Valuing and connecting our diverse community
- Contributing to a positive experience for our students, including supporting staff to embed the graduate profile.
Our people strategy is aligned to, and designed to support, UC’s strategy. It will be achieved through a focus on the following overarching goals.
The People Plan can be found on the HR Intranet (staff access only) - People Plan, PDF, 1MB
A safe and healthy environment for students, staff, contractors and anyone else who visits the university
Enabling people to make a difference - safely
A constructive culture and leadership through Organisational Development