Learning Evaluation & Academic Development
The Learning Evaluation & Academic Development (LEAD) team provides academic and teaching development support for academic and tutor staff at UC.
We manage the online course and teaching survey system and also gather and report data about the student experience. LEAD can also provide support with student experience data required for programme reviews and other data needs.
The Latest from LEAD
Below are several links to resources focused mainly on pedagogy, to help you move your course to online delivery and teach online.
- Pedagogical approaches and tips for teaching by distance (Document & Video)
- Teaching tips for online learning @UC
- Distance teaching tips (e-Learning@UC Blog)
- Going online – Resources and support from the COEHHD UC
- Steps to transitioning to remote studies
- Online teaching toolkit
- 10 Principles for good visual design of an online course
- Check out upcoming Teaching Development Workshops for the month of April.
- The LEAD team are working alongside the wider university community to provide alternative solutions to face-to-face data gathering. Every student and staff member can create their own account on Qualtrics to conduct their research. Check out the Qualtrics Survey Support tab below, and get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- See what recent UC grads have been up to in the Graduate Destinations interactive data dashboard (UC Staff only).
- Gain insights on students' academic experiences in the brand new Learning & Teaching Dashboard (UC Staff only).
- 2020 Semester 1 Course Evaluation has been suspended until further notice due to the rapidly changing situatuon around COVID-19 in New Zealand. All Teaching Evaluations and Tutor Evaluations as requested will continue as planned. For any questions, please email email@example.com.
Student Evaluation of Teaching includes course surveys, teaching surveys, and tutor surveys.
For all information about the Qualtrics online survey tool including troubleshooting.
Where to find support for using technology to improve learning and teaching at UC.
Contestable grants to support developments that enhance teaching and learning.
For all enquiries
get in touch with our staff
News and announcements
Anxiety is not new, so why is there such a focus on it now and how can we help our young people to cope with it?
How does a university walk the talk of building a sustainable future? University of Canterbury Sustainability Officer Dr ...