UC's e-Learning Support team (ELS) supports academic staff and students in the use of learning technologies to positively impact the quality of learning and teaching at the University of Canterbury.
We support student engagement and success by enabling:
- Anytime, anywhere access to learning materials
- Collaboration and communication
- Formative and summative assessment
- Self-directed learning
- Online multimedia and video production
We can support you by providing expert online course design advice, technical and administrative support and assistance with the creation of multimedia content. This includes support with the Technology Enabled Learning Facility on Level 5 of the Puaka - James Hight Library.
Contact a Flexible Learning Advisor (FLA) if you require support or would like an orientation to Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching at UC.
Learning technologies available at UC include:
- LEARN learning management system
- Course Recordings through Echo360
- Personal video creation
- ePortfolios through Mahara
- Web and Video Conferencing with Adobe Connect and Zoom
- TurnItIn plagiarism checking service
- Audience response systems
Visit the e-Learning @ UC blog to see how technologies are used for teaching and learning across the university.