The Academic Quality Team is part of Ako: Learning & Teaching and was formed in February 2005 to oversee academic regulations, policy, programmes, processes and academic quality assurance at the University of Canterbury.
The Academic Quality Team works with many areas across UC and beyond with high schools, other universities and organisations to ensure that UC qualifications continue to reach the highest national and international standards.
For quality assurance including audits, see our Quality assurance pages.
A full list of award winners can be found on our Awards pages.
Admission to UC
The Assistant Vice-Chancellor (Academic) has authority delegated from the Academic Board for admission to the University of Canterbury. For non-standard admission she, in turn, has delegated this authority as follows:
- Admission Ad Eundem Statum (international and domestic) - Student Services Innovation Manager
- Discretionary admission - Academic Processes Coordinator
- Admission cases without precedent
- Admission cases with unconfirmed precedent
- Mixed qualifications
- Home-school study
- Discretionary Entrance
- Provisional Admission
- Academic quality assurance
- Academic approval processes for new courses and programmes
- Academic policy development and review
- Academic audit
- Academic progress review
- Academic dates and associated publications
- Administrative support for Academic Board (intranet, staff only)
- Erskine Programme
- Learning and Teaching Committee
- Academic Administration Committee
- Appeal and discipline cases
- Academic regulations
- Coordination of academic appeals and grievances
- Discretionary admission to university
- Summer School
- The STAR programme
- Teaching Month
- Teaching Awards and Medal
- Teaching Development Grants