Before you can enrol at UC you must meet University Entrance requirements.
To be eligible to enrol at the University of Canterbury you must have one of the following, the links go to the admissions and entry website:
- University Entrance through NCEA
- Special Admission
- Admissions Ad Eundem Statum (using Overseas or International qualifications)
- Discretionary Entrance *
- Adult admission *
- Certificate in University Preparation (CUP) *
* Only available to Citizens or Permanent Residents of New Zealand (including the Cook Islands, Tokelau and Niue) or Australia.
- From Semester 1 2012, students applying for admission will need to satisfy UC Preferential Entry requirements as well as NZ University Entrance. Students not meeting the requirements for Preferential Entry will be offered places subject to priority and availability.
- Most domestic undergraduate first-year students must apply to enrol by 10 December. Other dates apply for College of Education students.
- Please refer to key dates for Semester 2 Enrolments