Web training: options available
Basic Dreamweaver training
The basic Dreamweaver training teaches the minimum concepts and skills required to update a UC website.
Self-paced training modules to further develop web skills
These modules package instructions and resources from the 'How to', 'CIS Resources' and 'Web Style Guide' sections of this website into focused self-paced training modules for web maintainers, content writers and CIS maintainers.
- Improve information in the CIS (CIS 1)
- CIS links that never date (CIS 2)
- Best practice links (Links 1)
- Links: Left navigation and top of the page (Links 2)
- Learn to write and edit web content (Content 1)
- Photos: resize images correctly (Photos 1)
- Remove old files and folders from your website (Maintenance 1) NEW Feb 2013
These suggestions are based on identified areas of weakness and need across UC websites. Each one comprises a web concept, skill and where to apply it in your website. Suitable for PD&R.
- Free self-paced training offered within UC
- Immediate changes to your site (time commitment includes applying learning to your site)
- Concepts and skills relevant to maintaining and improving your site
- Improve the user experience of your site
Course Information System (CIS)
- Course Information System (CIS) - Access self-directed training, dates and resources
Online help and guidance
- How to... - Topics and tutorials for web maintainers to build on the basic training
- Web Style Guide - How different aspects of your site should look (visual presentation of Web Policy)
- Images - Preparing images for the web - Comprehensive concepts and skills for self-directed learning. (Note: Dreamweaver is not image editing software and cannot resize images)
- Guidelines for editing and writing web content - the starting point for improving your content