The Web Team supports Department Web Maintainers and CIS Maintainers to make edits and updates to their websites, in coordination with the HOD or Department Web Approver.
Attending to support requests can take anything from immediate to days to weeks.
Step 1 - refer to your Dreamweaver training notes
Many common requests are covered in your Dreamweaver training notes.
Step 2 - use the resources in this website
- How to is a range of topics and tutorials. Check these and give them a go before contacting us
- Web style guide shows you the web presentation requirements defined in the Web Policy and the Brand Manual. It does not apply to the intranet (staff only website)
- Preparing images for the web covers all aspects of images
- Getting started: CIS Resources information for department CIS Maintainers updating the CIS through Course Maintenance, and how to link to courses from your website
- Understand and edit SSI includes (files) covers files you may not have edited before eg left-navigation, subnavigation (top of page), some people pages etc
Step 3 - Web support contact and availability
Web Support is not available during university holidays (Tuesday after Easter, Christmas Eve or equivalent, and the three days between Christmas and New Year that link statutory holidays).
Contact Web Support rather than individual team members
Please contact Web Support with your request rather that individual Web Team members. We make best use of our resources by allocating specific time and roster staff to web support, plus our other core functions (eg development and projects). Tasks are allocated from our Web Support email inbox.
If you forget and phone or email one of the team directly we will ask you to email, or forward your email to Web Support. If we forward your email we'll let you know and gently remind you of how we work and make best use of our time and resources.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Phone: ext 3100 (non urgent requests will be directed to contact us via email)
- External phone: +64 3 364 2987 ext 3100
Step 4 - what happens to your request
We triage requests into:
- Urgent - eg a broken website or something we need to fix because of the impact or implications
- Less urgent - tasks not covered in our website we don't expect people to be able to do that are part of our core business. Eg forms, access to a website, training requests and redirects
- Non urgent - you have contacted us but your request is addressed in your training notes or resources in our website. (If you have tried but need help email where you're stuck and your request is placed into one of the two categories above)
- Development - requests for new developments or redevelopments
- Training - requests for Dreamweaver training
We process requests in queues in the following order:
- Less urgent
- Non urgent
Requests for development are followed up by Greg. He will contact you to discuss the best solution and time frames.