Getting started: SSI resources
1. How server-side includes (SSIs) work one your site
Before you edit an SSI include (file) you need to understand what they are, how they work and absolute versus relative links.
- Understanding server-side includes (SSIs)
Explains what they are and how they work.
- The difference between absolute and relative links
Explains the difference between absolute and relative links, and why SSI links must always be absolute.
- Examples of commonly used SSIs
2. Instructions for editing SSI includes (files)
Before you edit an SSI file you must understand the information listed above.
- Make links in SSIs absolute
How to make/edit links in an SSI that work 100% of the time
- Left-hand navigation SSI (also home page navigation for some sites)
- People page SSI: how they work
Often used where people appear on multiple pages.
- People page SSI: is it in your site?
Identify which website the SSI is located it (it may or may not be in the site your are editing)
- People page SSI: editing instructions
- Subnavigation SSI: editing instructions
- My SSI text size looks wrong on the web